Wednesday, September 3, 2014

There are no such things as coincidences....

So now that I have finished my book on the 'alleged Grim Sleeper', and I have been asked by the homicide detectives to delay the release due to the fact it is such a high profile case, so, I have been pondering what to write about next.

I know for a fact that, for my future writings, I am compelled to write about the (possibly) 'wrongly convicted' of murder and/or rape who are incarcerated here in the US today.   These stories can turn out to be so satisfying when a person is released due to DNA evidence proving them innocent.

When I helped an innocent man on Oklahoma Death Row receive 3 Stays of execution in 2010, I knew then that my next mission would be to write a show and/or a book about the wrongly convicted. This was all inspired by the life and death of Jeffrey David Matthews.


Yes, I will say this man's name here in this Blog as he is no longer with us.  Tragically he was not given a 4th Stay of execution as a new Governor came in to office with whom I was not in regular communication.  Therefore she did not grant him a 4th Stay of execution and on January 11th 2011 he was put to death.  1.11.11 was that fateful day.   I am still friends with his mother to this day.



I would love to write about the LASD and FBI case and trial.   Mainly because I not only know some of the people involved, but I have studied this case and have first hand information from when it began.  Also, I was there for part of the trial and know how many facts were not allowed to be entered in to evidence.  I also know that the law states that one cannot fight a crime with a crime. However, as this is still an on going investigation, I will wait and see if it is something I can truly sink my teeth into.

In the meantime, I have come up with three people that I feel would be ideal as subjects for my next book or one of the three people to be the focus of the whole book.  I've been throwing these names around to my friends and co-workers for this past month and here comes the: 'Nothing is a coincidence in life':

Back in 2010 while I was interviewing with the 'alleged' Grim Sleeper, I had also spoken with a man who resided in the LA County Jail who had been suspected and accused of rape.   From the documents that I had read, and also what he had told me, I strongly believed that he had been wrongly charged with the crime of rape.   This person was well known with an onscreen profession and I also think this added to his being accused of these atrocities.  Vindictive women know no bounds.  Yet the Courts seem to side with them and have put numerous men away for rape only to find out later that the 'woman lied because.......' (the reason is unimportant).  Bottom line is 'the woman lied' and an innocent man's life was ruined forever.

I hadn't spoken to this person since he left the LA County Jail in 2012 and was sentenced to 10 years in prison, however he was always in the forefront of my mind to write about someday in the future.

Well, today I received a call from a prison and it was this very person who was calling me.  The one I had been speaking about just recently as the subject for my next book (or a large part of my next book).  He was calling to see if he could send me the latest information from his Lawyer and how it has recently been proved that he was not at certain places where he had originally been accused of being.  He will also be sending me more documented facts that prove his case to be possibly fabricated.

We talked for quite a while and this has given me the final push to continue following my passion of writing about the possibly 'wrongly convicted' who are victims of the Justice system today.

There are no coincidences in life....only things that are destined to happen.





No comments:

Post a Comment