Monday, March 28, 2016

Grim Sleeper Trial ~ Week 6. Not very interesting today... DNA analysts yet again...

Monday March 28th

Lonnie arrived wearing a very bright yellow shirt and black trousers.  The Courtroom was very empty today presumably because most people know that testimony of DNA and ballistics experts can be quite boring and repetative.


Going back to last Monday (the 21st March), after Mr Amster completely lost the plot, his opening statements in front of the Jury was quite good, I might add.  
Amster listed a number of victims and the areas in which each were tested for DNA.  He went on to explain that the DNA Lab which they/he used which confirmed that Lonnie Franklin’s DNA was not found on a number of areas which were tested.  This of course raises doubt in the minds of the Jury.

The few days that I missed of Trial last week were, according to my sources, very much the same testimony and the questioning was repetitive.  Today we continued dealing with the Defense’s Witnesses and most of last week (and also today) consisted of various Analysts from the Sorenson DNA Lab which are located in South Salt Lake, Utah.

Today, Emily Jeskie from the Sorenson Lab was on the stand all day long giving her testimony of how she and her colleagues collect and analyze the DNA.
She talked of the analyzing process which her Lab undertook for 3 of the victims: Barbara Ware, Enietra Washington and Jenecia Peters.

To Be Continued....


Anyway, it was a long day and a long week prior, as we were still covering the private Lab that the Defense hired to do the DNA testing.  Sorenson Lab.

Tomorrow I will be in the Paul Tanaka Trial

starting at 8am.  Even though my Publisher has not yet commissioned me to write a book on this case (like I have been commissioned for the Grim Sleeper Trial) I feel compelled to write this book which I started over a year ago.  I have tentatively titled it: "Just Following Orders".

So, tomorrow, I will be juggling my day between the Federal Building and the the Criminal Court Building, thankfully the hours are slightly different so I hope to gain as much information in both places, as I can.

To be continued.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment