Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Grim Sleeper Trial Updates..March 30th...Detective Dupree on the stand...

Wednesday March 30th

I knew that the Grim Sleeper Trial would be slow today for 2 reasons: 1) because Seymour Amster, the Defense, is presenting his case and 2) because he is still comparing the Sorenson Lab's DNA results to the State's DNA Lab results.  He takes 10 times the amount of time to cover one issue than Beth Silverman, along with his racing back and forth across the Court with a sour look on his face as if he's just bitten in to a lemon.

So I went down the street for the 2nd (full) day of the Tanaka Trial.  It starts an hour before the Criminal Court so I was there by 8am as I will be almost every day.  I spent the entire day in that Trial which ends at 1.30pm with no lunch, then came back to the CCB and went in to the Grim Sleeper Trial right after they come back from lunch at 1.30pm.  I asked my sources what went on today (most of my sources are Sheriff's who sit in on the Trial most days, not the bailiff I might add) and I was right it was just DNA testing and also he called back a lady Witness by the name of Detective Benjamin.  She testified before I arrived there.

When I arrived, soon after 1.30pm, Detective Dupree was on the stand.  For what reason he had no idea of, which is what he'd told me yesterday.  He had no idea why the Defense would be calling him and he was laughing as he said it.  So I was so glad to be there for his testimony.  
After much shuffling and racing back and forth, Amster finally slammed his binder down on the podium and asked Detective Dupree:

Amster: "Now I'm not going to ask exactly where you lived when you grew up in South Central as I wouldn't do that, I want you to tell us the vicinity in which you lived in the1985."
Dupree responded with his full address.  That didn't surprise me as he is as honest as the day is long and not afraid of anything.  He also likes to help in anyway he can, so to stop Amster from bumbling further, he responded quietly and strongly with the full address where he resided as a teenager in the 80's.
Detective Dupree explained about the gangs in that neighbourhood and after repeating the names of the gang a few times he missed the first part (I will explain this in my book), the Judge came back with "you mean........ .... Gang?" to which Detective Dupree responded with a laugh "Thank you Judge!"   A truly classic moment!

This will be continued in my book....

After Detective Dupree left the stand, a very pretty lady came to the stand by then name of Doreen Hudson.  She was an employee of the LAPD for 39 1/2 yeasrs.  Mainly she has worked for the Crime Lab.

To be very much continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment