Monday, February 15, 2016

FINALLY THE GRIM SLEEPER TRIAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN TOMORROW......

After 5 years and 7 months we are finally going to Trial on the 'alleged' Grim Sleeper ~ Lonnie Franklin.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raOJMnO08s8

Over the first few years since his arrest on July 7th 2010 I had been interviewing Lonnie Franklin every week at the Men's Central Jail, along with numerous recorded phone conversations and written correspondence.   Franklin gave me permission to write a book regarding his life story from when he was a baby, to a teenager, to an adult and his time spent in the Army.  In my book, I will also be exposing the escapades he got up to since he became an adult.   I was given the 'exclusive' permission by Lonnie Franklin himself, to write this book and he has given me his exclusivity that he would only be speaking to me and not anyone else besides his wife and family.  He has honoured this promise.

This case is also unique in that Franklin was arrested based on Familial DNA.  The DNA from his son Christopher Franklin was a familial match to the 'alleged' Grim Sleeper.

Over these past 5 + years I have attended numerous 'Pre' Trial Arraignments and have blogged on only some of them.   These stalling tactics were caused by the Defense and not the Prosecution.  The family members of the victims showed up to each and every Pre-Trial Arraignment like clockwork.  There seems to be very little 'Justice' in the Justice System here in the United States especially the effect it has on the families of the victims, law enforcement and the tax payers!  



This media circus of delays, obnoxious behaviour and disrespect shown towards the Judge and 'the other side' was shocking to everyone in the Courtroom over the past 5 + years.   In fact it is a book in itself.  I will certainly be covering everything from my 'exclusive interviews,  the media circus before the Trial and the events during the Trial in my book which will be released after the the Verdict is read.

To be continued.......

No comments:

Post a Comment