Friday, February 26, 2016

Grim Sleeper Trial February 25th... The Star Witness and Only Known Living Survivor testified today!

February 25th

I got to Court a little later today, about 10.45am.  It was the morning recess so everyone was in the corridor.  I had a chat with a homicide detective that I recognized who I'd helped with some information on the Chester Turner case but I had forgotten his name though.  

Also Detective Dupree, one of the nicest detectives I've ever met in my life, was in the corridor and he 
always says hello and has a chat with me.  Usually we have a long chat, of which none of it will I post here, nor in my book, out of respect for him.  However, I will detail a lot more about the person Detective Dupree is in my book.. but just to say here that he is as honest as the day, incredibly hard working and shows respect to everyone even when they don't deserve it.   After knowing him over the Pre-Trial motions for the past 5 years 7 months and 3 weeks, I can safely say that he is a truly outstanding human being and I would challenge anyone to tell me I'm wrong about that!

I sat with the same girl I always sit with ~ M.W.  She's a writer for television and I always give her as much tips as I can because she wasn't covering this case from the beginning.  I told her that  Enietra Washington, the star witness, is sitting 2 people away from us on the bench.  She subtly looked over and I said that this will mean she will be the next witness to testify.  I made it in perfect time this morning.  I was told that Paul has also been 'excused from the Courtoom' only that morning.  What?  I thought!  Now both Ricky and Paul have been excused, they are both Lonnie's lifelong friends.  It seems the reason is they both will be called as a witness.  Well, I won't say anymore here as I've been asked not to and I will respect that, but I do know that Ricky won't talk to any of them anymore and certainly will not be a witness for the Defense.

Enietra Washington was sworn in at 11.08am


Enietra is a big lady and carried herself with confidence.  She breezed in to the room wearing a short dress, her hair was up, long blue fingernails, blue dangly earrings and a blue bag to match.  She was wearing glasses and had an air about her that you knew not to mess with a lady like this.  Lonnie kept his gaze fixed to the back wall of the room and didn’t look over at her, not even once. 


I know and I know of most people in the Courtroom now, but I didn't recognize a man and a woman who were sitting in front of me holding each other tightly when Enietra began testifying  I do know that at least one of them were her children.

D.A. Beth Silverman opened the questioning:

DA: Ms Washington can you please tell us how old you are?
E.W: I am 57 years old....

(The complete testimony will be in my book)...

No comments:

Post a Comment